Saturday, August 2, 2014

Feeling Blue with Emmaline Neccessary Clutch Wallet



I am inspired by the Emmaline Necessary Clutch Wallet (NCW) made by many in my sewing totes and purse facebook group.  So I decided to get the pattern online and tried my first one. Before that I purchased the heart shape twist lock online from MayMayShop.com.  I used a blue floral cotton (also from MayMay Shop) as the main fabric and the lining using blue and white checked cotton bought from a local fabric store.  I did not use the Pelton stabalizer as recommended in the pattern as I could not find it here in Malaysia, so I ended up with the ordinary stabilizer which I can get from my local craft supply shop here.  
 Well, it turned out to be not bad.  I struggled with the thick fabric and stabilizer with my ordinary sewing machine. I also tried to be as accurate as possible in measuring but still need a lot of practice. Phew...this first one really took me so much time to prepare the hardware and to read the instructions carefully again and again.  Although the 9 page instructions are quite helpful with lots of photos to guide, I read it a few times before I start this project and read it again during each step.
The NCW came with 12 card slots, 5 compartments and a zipper pocket.
After the first one, I have the courage to try a second one using denim jeans fabric. This time I downloaded a free tutorial on how to attach a sling and a wrislet handle on it.  So it turn out to be a clutch, a wrislet and a sling bag!
A clutch

A wrislet

A sling bag









 

My third NCW is made from quilting cotton by designed by Riley Blake which I purchased from Popularfabric.com.  I must admit that using the quilting cotton is much easier to handle than denim jeans and other fabric.  Their colours are very coordinated.

The coming NCW theme will be black and white.  

For inquiry , please pm or email me.
Pattern from http://www.emmalinebags.com/the-necessary-clutch-wallet/4575098877

No comments:

Post a Comment