Monday, August 13, 2012

Decoupage





Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing coloured paper cut outs such as gift wrapper, pictures from magazines, paper napkins ( serviettes) and other material.  The objects can be made of wood or metal.  I used paper napkins or serviettes with a variety of designs and I chose wooden objects such as wooden flower pots, pencil holders, cloth pegs and wooden boxes.  To glue the serviettes I have tried using PVA glue and Mod Podge and I find that the latter is more suitable.  I finished with a few layers of vanish spray with the hope that the the 'stuck on' appearance will disappear resulting like a painted job.  I enjoy this as I can complete them within a day unlike the sewing projects which I have to take a few weeks to accomplish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment